Monday 1 February 2016

Top Drugstore Products

Here's my favourite 'drugstore' products which won't break the bank. All these items were £10 and under!




1. EX1 Cosmetics Invisiwear Foundation. This is usually £12.50 full price but Look Fantastic on different occasions offer 20% off to the first 500 people who enter the discount code at the top of their site so I bagged this foundation for £10 and free delivery after seeing it on so many blogs & hearing about celebs rocking it! (Rita Ora used it on the X Factor and Nikkie Tutorials give it a go in her new video up yesterday - see it here) It gives amazing coverage which can be easily built up. I wore this foundation on a night out at the weekend and it never moved at all - I can't speak highly enough of it and especially for that price. Absolute steal. 

2. MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder. This is only £3 so when I seen it in SuperDrug I thought I'd pick it up. It gives an amazing gold highlight and I didn't have a highlighter this shade at the time. When I first used it I thought it was an ok product but wasn't feeling it as I thought it could have been more pigmented. But, whenever I went back in to try this again to top up my highlight it was so good. It just needed a little love to release it's full potential! I spray a little bit of my primer/fixing spray on my brush before using this and the pay off is again a lot better. I wore it and my friend (who works in make up) actually mistook it for Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonstone!! I say this is definitely worth the small price tag.

3. L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream. This is £9.99. I use this as my primer for my not so great places on my face lol. This is great for hiding all my pores I always see on my nose and around that area. It's also slightly tinted so I use it under my eyes to smooth out my fine lines and hide those dark circles slightly before applying my corrector colour. It's a great primer and a little goes a long way so it lasts for a long time!

4. Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lip This is a great liquid lip on a budget! I see so many other lip products in the drugstore category which claim to be matte but are just that little bit too velvety. This is MATTE. I scrub my lips & apply lip balm before doing my make up. Then at the end I place a matching lip pencil all over my lip then one coat of this products and that will last me a full night out! Sometimes I top up slightly but this doesn't make the product flakey or too caked on my lips. I'm obsessed with this stuff!

5. L'oreal Paris Brow Artist Plumper Mascara Gel for Eyebrows. This retails for around £10 but is half price on the link I provided for you. This is a great brow gel for someone on a budget. I keeps my brow hair in place all day and even adds a bit more definition to see my brow hair after I've filled them in to make them feel more natural!

6. Rimmel London Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder. This is great for powdering my under eye concealer and highlighting after contouring without adding any colour or also making me look too pale! It's also great for baking. I love this powder and after baking a lot it has lasted me so long which is always a plus. Inside this powder it also comes with a little powder puff which is great to apply the powder!

7. Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer (in Light). This is a perfect under eye concealer. It's brightening and really reduces the look of my dark circles. I sometimes use this over my under eye corrector colour for maximum effect. It's also a light feeling concealer but does have good coverage which is perfect for it's use. The only con with this is it does waste quite quickly and I find myself turning it multiple times for a good coverage pay off. That being said I only use this under my eyes and another concealer on my face so it will last longer. 

8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania. This is a very similar colour to my Ariana Grande x Mac Viva Glam Lipstick! It's definitely a lip cream which dries matte but still has a nice velvety feel which I like in the colder months when my lips are more prone to being slightly drier! It's a nice colour but it is very dark and I shied away from it a few times but once I wore it so many people complimented me! I would love to try the nudes in this collection. They are to die for!

9. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. This mascara is great for such a cheap price. It's a nice formula which isn't too 'wet' at the start - a pet peeve of mine whenever it comes to mascaras! The brush isn't something I'd usually go for but it really works to elongate my lashes. I'd definitely recommend this mascara for everyone! It also works great when I'm integrating my eyelashes into my false pair.

So there we go, that's my favourite drugstore products at the minute! January is always a month that everyone doesn't have the most money to spend so hopefully you found something you want to try which won't break your bank!

If you want to know anything more about these products let me know in the comments or even let me know your suggestions of drugstore products I should be trying!!


(◍•ᴗ•◍) - ♡

xo

M

No comments:

Post a Comment