Friday 19 February 2016

My Style Inspiration..

Everyone's personal style is so individual so it always fascinates me to see what brands, people and places inspire their look. 

I thought I'd give you an insight into what makes me weak at the knees when it comes to fashion and what social media places I look to for inspiration!





My personal look is something that took me a while to find. I definitely have two moods. My comfy, chic, 'street style' and my girly, pastel, dressy mood. I think most girls can relate to this. However I feel that day determines how I dress. Even though both of my looks can be slightly different I think they both have a strong essence of 'me'. Obviously I also have different kind of looks (formal, smart-casual etc) but this is focusing on my everyday kind of look!


                  -    -    -    -    - 


My comfy look would tend to be a loose tee, black jeans, trainers and bomber jacket. This is one of my favourite kind of looks for hanging with my friends and probably going to the cinema or doing something chill. I'm in love with trainers lately as they can look like I made an effort and I can have the most comfortable shoes on. Best of both worlds! I got Adidas Tubular in Grey for Christmas and they haven't left my feet. They're a mix of fashion and practicality - perfect!

I'm practically obsessed with Kara Craig for this kinda style. She designs her own line and oh my god. Everything she posts I need in my wardrobe stat. I linked her instagram above and I have no idea why she only has over 5K followers. Her designs are amazing and her style embodies everything I want in my casual style. Her hair and make up is also always on point. HERE is her portfolio linked and you can have a look at her stuff there also. (That's her website where you can see her shop & contact her.) The camel hoody she designed with the large front pocket is to die for and her colour scheme of all the earth tones is amazing. She's definitely one of my favourites ever.

Also, I love the brand Profound Aesthetic. I've linked their instagram which has their links and you can see the items they released! Their clothing is very much in the same vein of Kara Craig's but it started out with only mens clothing and has now expanded. The items on their site is amazing and I kinda, again, want it all! 

On the high street ASOS is also great for this look. I got my bomber off there and I absolutely love it. Their own brand clothing is great quality and super affordable!

A person who I look up to for this kind of style is probably Halsey. There are some of her pieces she would wear that I definitely couldn't rock but some of her style I'm pretty obsessed with. I'll post some her looks that are my favourites below. One of my all time favourites is her all black look on the bottom left. I'd definitely rock that.



                            

     




                  -    -    -    -    - 


My other mood when it comes to style is girlier and involves a lot of lighter shades like grey/pastels. I love wearing skirts/dresses with high boots. I think it's so feminine! I usually rock this style if I'm maybe going for coffee/dinner or even out at night for a full glam look! 

Some of my favourite brands for these kinds of style are mostly high street brands like Missguided, Boohoo, Topshop and ASOS. I can nearly always find something similar to what I'm looking for on ASOS. It's got everything your fashions wants can think of! 

For this style I'd definitely say someone that inspires me is Ariana Grande. I love everything about her. Her style, make up, music, products.. Everything! Another big inspiration to me lately has been Scream Queens also, round of applause to the wardrobe people on that set. All. Those. Looks. Slay.. I'll post some of my favourite looks from both of these that i'd rock.





                  -    -    -    -    - 


Some one who embodies both of these perfectly for me is Zendaya. Damn. Her style is unreal (and that body!). I'd give everything to look like her! She's amazing. Here's a 'few' of her looks that I'm totally enamoured with.











All these looks. Ugh.

                    -    -    -    -    - 

Another thing that inspires my style is Japan, and specifically, Harajuku in Tokyo. I know what you're thinking.. Girls cover in Hello Kitty and a million different clips in their hair? No. The street style in Harajuku is amazing and I'm totally obsessed. Porter Robinson released a music video for his song Lionhearted and I think the style is represented in this so well. By that I mean I wanna wear it ALL. Please. Here's some of my favourite street style picks in harajuku..








This is from Porter's video (YouTube Link):



The style in this video is amazing! It's also an amazing song with a really cool video. Totally my aesthetic. 

So that's my post. Hopefully it gave you some more insight into my style, some of my influences and possibly introduced you to some cool fashion!!


(◍•ᴗ•◍) - ♡

xo

M


No comments:

Post a Comment