Sunday 21 February 2016

90's Grunge Inspired Look...



I've been thinking of rocking some more shades on my eyes apart from my safety smokey eye and the odd gold sparkle on a night out. When looking up some new eye looks including more purples, red etc a lot of the looks I came across were very 90's grunge inspired!

I actually really like this look, it can be fun and take a little less time as everything doesn't have to be 'perfect'. I really loved a smokey eye and Gwen definitely rocked some amazing looks in the 90's making her palette the perfect contender for this look. Instead.. I decided to opt for products I haven't used or haven't used a lot. This was to pick things I probably haven't talked about on here to let you know about other amazing product's I love!

I seen these pictures of Drew Barrymore which inspired me. They feature a dark berry lip, natural looking brows and a minimal eye. One picture has no eye makeup and the other has a black liner on top.  To change up the eyes I used a purple eyeliner smudged out and a pop of berry eyeshadow on top to match the lips slightly! I tried to keep it minimal but I ended up smoking out under my eye a little too, to balance my eyes out. I couldn't resist..



I tried to keep my brows as natural as possible. I don't have the 90's skinny brow so mine are obviously slightly thicker but I only filled in where necessary and added a brow gel to define my own hairs and make it more natural.

My skin was kept quite 'natural' looking also. I just did a wash of my foundation which is the match to my skin tone. I didn't contour (no matter how much I wanted too..) and only added a light dusting of powder in my t-zone. 

Here's my finished look:




Product List:

FACE
1. Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation Stick
2. L'oreal Paris True Match Powder
3. Urban Decay Blackout Shadow (brows)
4. L'oreal Paris Perfection Brow Artist Plumper

EYES
1. Ciate London x Olivia Palermo Smoked Out Gel Kohl Eyeliner in Fig
2. Bobbi Brown Blush in Berry (lip & lash line)
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil (black in waterline)
4. Benefit They're Real Mascara

LIPS
1. Mac Soar Lip Pencil (to guide my lip shape)
2. Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick in Androgyny!! (FAVOURITE)

I actually really like this more 'natural' look and think I'd rock this more often!

Also, I want to mention my liquid lipstick again. I got this in the mail on Thursday and I've been trying to post is. Ugh, It's so gorgeous!

Here's a close up picture. This colour is everything.. I'm in love.


There's my take at this berry toned look and I'd definitely like to try more 90's tutorials as there was so many looks from then! Let me know what was your favourite and least favourite 90's trends!

Find me here:

(◍•ᴗ•◍) - ♡

xo


M

No comments:

Post a Comment