I used to watch a lot of anime but I kind of fell away from it for a few months..
Recently, though, that has changed! Any second of down time I get I've been back on Crunchyroll catching up on all the great anime I missed and some I wish I'd watched earlier!
Anime has so many different genres from drama, sports, adventure, comedy, romance, sci-fi and lots more. There's something for everyone. Some of my favourite shows ever are anime's and they have the most beautiful soundtracks I've ever heard.
I thought if any of you haven't watched anime that I'd make a list of my Top 10 Anime Recommendations. I genuinely think everyone should give it a chance, even if it isn't something you'd generally go for. The love stories are beautiful, the scenery and the graphics are amazing, I am usually on the edge of my seat whenever an episode is intense and I can never just watch 'one episode'!
The average length of one episode is around 20 mins so this makes it perfect for me as I love to watch something while I eat. I'll have a show on and ready to be played before I sit down with my meal so anime shows are ideal for this. (I know, I'm a bit weird when it comes to this)
So here's my Top 10. (In no order as these are all my favourites!)
1. Your Lie In April/Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso - This show. I'm going to be totally honest and admit I cried like a baby during the last few episodes and possibly shed a tear during the others. It's so beautiful. I loved how this one was based around music and music competitions but the relationships between the characters were what made this what it was for me. The soundtrack to this is amazing too. It includes Chopin & even Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata!
2. Himouto! Umaru-Chan - This is more of a comedy but I relate to this one on a personal level. Me and Umaru are one! I'd definitely recommend this as a starter anime, it's fun and something I think everyone will like!
3. Food Wars/Shokugeki no Soma - This isn't an anime I'd say to watch first. It is a great anime but it has some parts that, I think if you haven't been introduced to anime, would be hard to understand and some slightly weird. (Yes, I'm talking tentacles...)
4. Erased - This is a recent anime and it's totally amazing. I never expected it to take the direction it did and I was so shocked by it. I always find I can never predict the storyline of an anime like I can a more western show so this was so intense and had me on the edge of my seat at the end of every episode. If you haven't watched anime before and you're into action/adventure/thrillers this might be the one for you!
5. Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - This anime is based on a high school swim team. This year I've been obsessed with sports anime's after watching this one and I don't even play much team sports! The first season is light hearted and you really root for the team but the second has a little more substance and it's a great anime.
6. Parasyte! The Maxim - This is a different kind of anime. It's so interesting and it's about alien parasyte's that infect your body and basically take over a part of it. The main character's hand has been taken over and it's just a great anime to watch for something completely different!
7. Haikyuu!! - This is another sports anime. I don't know why but I'm actually only getting around to watching this one now. I've around 3 episodes of the 25 left and I can honestly say that I'm definitely sure this is one of my top 8. This one is about a high school volleyball team and I love it. It has the story of the underdog and the top player and their struggles and those of the team mates but I love how technical the show is. It explains how they plan to win the tournament and their strategies. I can't stop watching this show. It's been about 3 days and I'll probably be finished this whole show tonight!!
8. Death Note - This is one of the most intense anime's I've ever watched. There is a notebook in which if you write someone's name they die. It has fallen into the hands of a boy and to prevent him going on a killing spree an amazing detective is brought in. This is probably the anime I'd recommend the most to someone who hasn't watched any as it's amazing and totally worth a watch wether you watch anime or not. It's really interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The relationship between L Lawliet and Light Yagami is amazing and I can't hype this one up anymore!
9. Anohana. This is beautiful I love the graphics and it's an amazing story (sad yet so beautiful). This one made me cry at the end also but I loved every second of it and was sad whenever it was over!
10. Blue Exorxist - This is an awesome anime. The main character is Rin who is the son of Satan. He's been brought up by an exorcist and the story really is a great one. I really enjoyed this as I always love films with a religious story through them like horrors etc. This would be a good first anime too!
That's my Top 10. I only did 10 as I wanted to only include anime's I really love. If you want to know more about any of these, have any recommendations for me based on my favourites or want to know anything leave me a comment below please!
Some other recommendations - Darker than Black, Black Butler, Sailor Moon, Full Metal Alchemist, Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul (as most people will tell you the manga is better)! Also if you've never watched a Studio Ghibli film, do it now. They're amazing!